Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Upgrade


This time of year is bringing many changes to our little family. We have been super busy this past week with moving to our new condo in Eagle Mountain. It's about a half hour drive from our old apartment, and I have no idea how many times we've driven back and forth this week. I am thinking that wherever Steve goes to grad school, we might need to live forever.

Anyway, we both feel really blessed to have found the apartment we did for the price we got it at. After much searching and other apartments falling through, we found this gem for a LOT cheaper than any others. Not only did we get it for a great price, the apartment itself is more than two times bigger than our old apartment. Plus, Steve and I each get our own bathroom and room to do whatever we want with. His will be an office and mine a craft room.

Don't judge the apt too soon, last night was our first real night and not everything is put on the walls.

I will start off with my favorite three rooms in the apartment:

One--the kitchen. For obvious reasons. It is huge. I feel like I am playing house when I'm in it and it's not real.

Like our two chairs and nasty kitchen table? The grossness is muted a little in the picture. I like to call these (and most of our other furniture, the DI special).

Two-the laundry room. This is obviously nothing special, yet it is so special to me because I don't have to die carrying my laundry down 3 flights of stairs anymore.

Three--our new walk-in closet. My side of the closet is shown. But if I showed you Steve's side, you would also see mostly my things.

Other features of the apartment include our family room that's actually long enough to be able to use our Kinnect in. Our old one was a little bit too small to move around in.

The balcony. The perfect size for our new camping chairs (well, "new" meaning we got them for our wedding and they were still in the packaging) and our 2 plants.

The bedroom.

And last but not least, a cute light switch cover we got in Seattle last year but have never been able to use.
It is a lot of fun being able to move some place new and a bit nicer than our old apartment. I think we are little spoiled this year and will have to downsize when we move to grad school. In other news, I am busy with setting up my classroom for this school year and we are going to the beach with my family this Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Your place is awesome! I'm so jealous! I think our new apartment could fit in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you got a nice, new, huge, place closer to work! I was dreading the drive for you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete