Monday, July 11, 2011

Vacay #2


A couple of weeks ago, I got to experience my first real Winder family vacation. Steve and I always say that we will get the best of both worlds on vacations with our families because his family loves touring and mine loves relaxing at the beach. Well, lucky for us this summer, we get to do both! Every single person in Steve's family (including parents, all 5 boys and their spouses, and all 7.5 grandchildren) were able to make the Winder trip.

First, we set out for Palmyra, New York. We were able to see a bunch of different sites, but my favorite was the Sacred Grove. There is such a peaceful feeling there that was great to experience with Steven. Good thing we had Steve's mother-in-law, Arliss, with us for part of the time to do a photo shoot.




We were also able to go to Hill Cumorah in NY.

One night, we got to do a temple session at the Palmyra temple with some of Steve's siblings.

After spending a few days in Palmyra, we headed over to Niagra Falls. This was my first time going, and it was beautiful! We were able to do the Maid of the Mist as well.




From Niagra Falls, we drove to Kirtland, Ohio to see the church sites there. I wasn't very good about taking pictures throughout the trip, so this is most of what I have. We had a great time and the best part was being with all of our family!


No comments:

Post a Comment