Thursday, May 30, 2013

Matthew's Farewell

Over Memorial Day weekend, Steve, Carson and I flew home to Virginia for a quick trip.
And I do mean quick.  We got there Saturday afternoon and flew back Monday morning.
It was all worth it to say bye to my brother, Matthew, and see his farewell talk in Church.
He is going to serve a LDS full-time mission in LA speaking Spanish.
I am so proud of him and the decision he made to serve the Lord for two years.
What a great example to all of us, and especially one day to Carson.

Here are some highlights from the trip:

Carson loved those biscoff cookies (notice his sweet Delta pin).

He was so hard to get down for a nap on the plane, but eventually he fell asleep laying across our two laps on his tummy.

A little bit of sibling love.

 
 

 Right before Steve's 3 hour nap.  Can't stop laughing at this pic.  It was an exhausting trip.

First time Carson met my brother, Jason's, dog.

Nothin better than a little Ukrops cake.

Grandma and Carson.  I think Carson was only put down about 5 minutes the entire weekend.

This documents the plan ride home well.  Biscoff cookies smeared on his shirt, and me trying to distract him with toys from screaming the whole flight.


Bye Virginia!  Until next time...
 




1 comment:

  1. How fun! Love the pic of him and the dog. Haha! Looks like we will be flying to North Carolina in August or September for a wedding, and I'm already loosing slept over it! So stressful with a kid!

    ReplyDelete